Weather protection in E-M1 II and PL 100-400

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
katastrofa Contributing Member • Posts: 762
Weather protection in E-M1 II and PL 100-400

I am accompanying my wife who is attending a scientific conference in Narita, Japan. I filled my time today with a small birding excursion, using the setup mentioned in the title, with some degree of success despite the poor weather conditions (clouds and rain). The gear took the rainy weather in strides! After 2 hours, I was soaked wet and needed an aspirin, but the camera just needed a wipe. Amazing stuff.

One issue I noticed: too much water drops on the front element of the lens causes focusing issues. It's worth to have dry lens wipes available to wipe off water from time to time.

Photos will follow once I gain access to our laptop at the hotel - now it's being used to polish the PowerPoint slides for the conference

katastrofa's gear list:katastrofa's gear list
PowerShot SX700 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH +4 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow