Fuji shooting themselves in the foot by not making lens interface more open?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Luke Robinson New Member • Posts: 3
Fuji shooting themselves in the foot by not making lens interface more open?

This has probably been raised before, so apologies if so.

I've just noticed the sheer number of third party lenses coming out for Sony E-mount lately and there seems to be a lot of momentum around the Sony ecosystem at the moment. The traditional objection to Sony has been that their lenses are too expensive, but the flood of third party lenses will surely address this to a degree.

I have also come into Fuji X-system from Canon which also boasted a very healthy third party lens landscape.

My question is, how much damage are Fuji doing themselves by keeping their mount system closed? I know there are some smaller companies reverse-engineering the electronic links to make bridge adaptors to Canon EF etc, but the major third party lens makers e.g. Sigma won't feel comfortable going that route.

For the record I like Fuji's lens lineup but I feel that competition e.g. from third parties can only be a good thing and makes the whole system more attractive to consumers and pros.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow