Understated Performance

Started 2 months ago | User reviews thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Tronhar
Tronhar Forum Member • Posts: 59
Understated Performance

I have big heavy pro DSLR cameras and I have L lenses: lots and lots of them - many big heavy white things (although to be fair my Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM is not particularly big or heavy).   The reason I got this lens is because I was testing one for a friend and fell for its understated performance.   It balances nicely on my lighter bodies and being black it doesn't scream at the surrounding landscape or population and draw too much attention.

I could have got the new version, but the price for the Mk1 was so good and the difference was to me not that great so I succumbed and got a copy for myself.  I suspect that not being an L lens there is more production variation, so one may get a better or worse copy - but that can happen with any product. One can always do some micro adjustment if necessary, but i have not bothered:  I got quite a good one, as per the attached image, which is basically untouched - although I did reduce the size for publishing purposes.

Taken on Canon EOS 60D, 300mm, f9.0, 1/400sec, ISO 500

Value for money this unit was a bargain and while I will continue to use my big, heavy white lenses, this will have a place for when I want to use less tech and more subtlety.

-- hide signature --

We are not remembered for the gear we use, just the images we capture or create.

Tronhar's gear list:Tronhar's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 Canon PowerShot G7 Canon PowerShot D10 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon PowerShot SX60 HS +32 more
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Telephoto zoom lens • Canon EF • 0345B002
Announced: Aug 22, 2005
Tronhar's score
Average community score
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow