Ultimate pocketable APS-C compact with articulating screen?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NotAPhotog Regular Member • Posts: 108
Ultimate pocketable APS-C compact with articulating screen?

I'm looking for a pocketable, APS-C compact with an articulating screen I can take anywhere to take snapshots, family photos and self-portraits. This camera will replace my cell phone's camera.

So far, I have the following cameras in mind:

• Sony A5100 with 16mm f2.8 or 20mm f2.8
  • Fuji X-A5 with 27mm f2.8
  • Canon M100 with 22mm f2
  • Fuji X70

I don't mind if it's an ILC or not, for my purpose it has to be small, needs an articulating screen, must retain a fairly large APS-C sensor and has good connectivity so I can share it on my phone. Editing will be done with Snapseed or VSCO and will be shared Whatsapp, Messenger, Facebook or Instagram.

I'm slightly partial to the X70 for their JPEG colors from the X-trans sensor which will save me a lot of time in post, but it's fairly expensive for a fixed lens compact.

Low light performance is important as I will use this thing indoors, and the lens has to be wide enough to fit a family photo and wide enough for a self-portrait held at an arm's length away.

That's about all I can think of for now. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

Canon EOS M100 Pentax X70 Sony a5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow