Longest focal length in video? [G7 + 45-175mm+Ex Tele Conv] vs [FZ2500+i-zoom] vs [FZ300+izoom]
All these different zoom options with the various sensor sizes have me a little confused.
I currently own a G7 with 45-175, and am looking for similar quality in daylight, but with better reach.
I shoot only handheld video during daytime and am looking for a stabilized and high quality video image without resorting to digital magnification. (am I right in assuming Intelligent Zoom is better/different than digital zoom?)
So this is my understanding…
1. G7: crop factor of 2.2x + Ex Tele Conv 2.4x in 1080P = 924mm (using 45-175 power OIS)
2. FZ2500: 600mm in 1080P + izoom = 1200mm - 4K video = 720mm + izoom (assuming izoom works at 4k) = 1440mm
3. FZ300: 720mm in 1080P + Intelligent Zoom = 1440mm (I noticed the FZ300 has an additional option called Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 1.95x. Not sure what that’s about.)
Originally I thought the FZ300 would give more reach in video, but it seems the FZ2500 can match it when using 4k? Also, can the 1 inch sensor of the FZ2500 go even further without quality loss using some kind of sensor crop since it’s bigger than the FZ300 sensor? Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
4. Which setup will have the best video stabilization?
5. How does the quality of the ex tele converter option on the G7 compare to that of the izoom on the other two cameras?
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|6 months ago|
|Llyod's Building Elevators by Jonathan Shapiro|
from Your City - Elevators
|Fire Lake by bbadgett|
|Tail Fins...1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille by J Warren|
from Car Shows 2018