Pet peve cell phone camera distractions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
murphysf New Member • Posts: 20
Pet peve cell phone camera distractions

Hello

I was not sure which forum this subject would be best suited for so I thought I would try this forum.

I have been doing photography for over 30 years both professionally and as a hobby.

For the last 5 or so years my biggest pet peve is when I go to set up a shot of my kids in a group setting with other kids (and their parents are present) like at say a birthday party, and as I am getting the kids attention and setting up my shot 5 or so parents see what I am doing and pull out there cell phones and start taking random photos.

What happens is the kids start looking all over the place at different parents cell phone cameras and I don't get a shot of them looking into my lens.

It happens every time and really makes me mad In the past I put my camera down and ask them to finish taking their shots so that I can take a turn but by then the kids run off or parents continue to take photos.

I 'm sure this is a huge problem and has been discussed before.

My boy is turning 6 and we are having a party next week for him and know this is going to happen.

Any tips or suggestions on how to control the cell phone camera distraction chaos?

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow