TZ90 in Barbados

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Auster Pilot Senior Member • Posts: 1,156
TZ90 in Barbados

Before I went on Holiday I agonised over which camera(s) to take on holiday.

Should I use one of my APS-C cameras (Pentax DSLR or Samsung ILC) or one of my Panasonic small sensor cameras (FZ200 or TZ90) or a combination of some sort. I would also have my Moto G5 Phone which has a pretty good sensor and F2 lens,

In the end I took My TZ90, Samsung NX3000 (with 16mm F2.4 and 30mm F2 lenses). But apart from a brief use of the NX3000 in the Harrisons's caves where it actually performed worse than the TZ90, the TZ90 and Moto G5 were the cameras which actually got taken out and used. The fact that these 2 devices fitted into my belt bag and so I was able to be hands free and wearing light shorts meant I was able to enjoy the holiday and not worry about where to put my camera gear.

I took all photos on the TZ90 (apart from a couple of panoramas) in RAW + JPEG. Most JPEGs were absolutely fine as they came out of the camera, but where I wanted to lighten shadows or increase saturation a bit, I did this using the in camera RAW processing tool and saved them as JPEGs. The only post camera processing I've done is to resize the photos to approx 5MP which is more than adequate for most purposes.

Here are a few...

I think this little camera was just the tool for the job.

-- hide signature --

Neil....
The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Auster Pilot's gear list:Auster Pilot's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 (Lumix DC-TZ90) Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Samsung NX3000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow