Best base/starting-out lens for the A7III?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ABW
ABW Regular Member • Posts: 174
Best base/starting-out lens for the A7III?

I'm looking for advice on a good entry-level lens to use with the A7III.

The A7III will be my first camera in about 20 years. Since 2009 I have been using an iPhone for my photography and that has served me very well, but to explore more photographic options I am making the leap into full-frame mirrorless territory and the A7III seems like the ideal camera for that.

As my budget does not extend to premium glass right now, I need to figure out what might be the best lens for someone like me that I can use effectively in different situations.

Obviously no one lens does everything, but I need to be practical to start with.

I mainly shoot street photography, architecture, environments (urban, landscape) and some portraits and also shoot video. Ha! so I'm not asking a lot here lol...
Personally I have found the iPhone to be very effective in all these cases, especially for street photography (the size factor being an advantage).

OK, so the A7III is not a 'compact' camera like the Fuji XT series or A6500 and certainly larger than an iPhone, but I don't really want to be shooting on the street with a honking great tele lens lol (I'll continue to use the iPhone in certain situations since its always on me).

My basic kit (and I mean basic) will be the A7III, a lens and a memory card - that's it.

I know good glass often costs more than the camera body and all that but I'd like some practical suggestions for an E-mount lens suitable for a first-timer on this camera.

Many thanks in advance - I appreciate the advice

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a7 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
ABW
osv
ABW
ABW
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow