PANASONIC – Why no 17.5mm lens to compliment GX9?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cafe Racer Regular Member • Posts: 342
PANASONIC – Why no 17.5mm lens to compliment GX9?

The GX9 appears to be targeted towards the 'street photography' genre, judging by the features and form factor. I handled the GX9 yesterday and I think it's a move in the right direction, if not perfect.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60918230

So isn’t it about time Panasonic offers a compact, high quality 17.5mm (or 17mm) prime lens, so those who favour that focal length can take advantage of the super fast DFD focusing system? It would be a great match for the GX9 and would complete the set-up that’s preferred by many street shooters

This seems like a gaping hole in their lens line-up now the GX9 is here. I know there’s the 20mm and 15mm but…. I found in many circumstances the AF of the 20mm was too slow for my shooting style and the 15mm is just too wide. When I compared the Oly 17mm and Pana 15mm side-by-side, I realised that the difference in the field of view was really quite significant. The 15mm just doesn’t work for me as an all-round lens and I’m sure there’ll be many other people that feel the same way.

I think the time is right for Panasonic to introduce a 17.5mm lens.

Cafe Racer.

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow