So, I sold my FZ2500 to buy.....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
oneofone25
oneofone25 Regular Member • Posts: 484
So, I sold my FZ2500 to buy.....

A ZS200 and an FZ1000, just had to pitch in $200.00 of my own money. I will be using these primarily for my snowflake pictures, of course, but will be using for bug pics as well as some scenery as we are bound for the Oregon coast this summer.

I enjoyed the touch screen of the FZ2500 but in all honesty I found myself using the buttons more, just since I have been for years with digital cameras. So I feel like it won't be too much of a sacrifice not having the touch screen. The extra reach on the FZ2500 was actually prohibitive for the snow crystal photography as I found that the largest snow crystals that had a 3-4mm diameter filled the entire frame when shot through my reversed Helios Lens at full zoom (20x). A 15X zoom should be perfect. I will also construct another macro kit if you will for my ZS200 and see how it does with the macro photography shooting through the Helios.

Thanks to all of you here for your discussions regarding all these cameras. I had the FZ2500 for 3 months and only lost $175 on reselling it, so not a bad rental!

oneofone25's gear list:oneofone25's gear list
Sony a6000 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +2 more
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic FZ2500 Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow