Fuji Newbie, Xpro2, which lens next? 16??

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Johnny555 Forum Member • Posts: 99
Fuji Newbie, Xpro2, which lens next? 16??

Hi folks, I came from a different brand SLR and learning the Fuji is definately a process. I got my XPRO2 with 23mm 2.0 WR kit when they ran that amazing special that basically made the lens free.

It’s been a frustrating process, and I don’t find the camera attached to me, snapping pics everywhere. I have learned to get a good shot from the 23mm 2.0 though.

The Point: I stopped into Hunts Photo and tried some lenses on my camera. The 16mm 1.4 WR was first and blows my mind. My whole screen lit up white and I had to dial my settings back after removing my lens. After that I was just snapping all over the place. It opened a whole new world, which I wasn’t expecting from a fixed lens 1.4, but the 1.4 difference over the 2.0 (to me) was night and day. I realize they are both good lenses, but let’s say I prefer the 16mm 1.4.

WR is also important to me because I’m more likely to go shooting in gloomy, misty, snow flurries, or in humid places. I’ve always loved that concept, and was a Pentax guy for a long time because of it.

I like to travel and carry the camera everywhere so the huge  XF 16-55 2.8 WR is probably a bad option.

I am thinking of unloading the my mint 23mm, and getting something like the 16 1.4, and a longer lens like the 35 2.0 WR, or 50 2.0. I also realize that there are multiple ‘cheap’ zooms that would fit my needs. The 16mm and 18-55 2.8, or even the XC lenses.

I always used kit lenses with Pentax and had no issues with quality. I think the K7 had magic inside of it.18-55 WR 3.5-5.6 is a classic. I really think IBIS helped me with Pentax because of the camera moving on my part.

Please let me know what you think and remember I’m a relative amateur here. Thanks!!

Johnny555's gear list:Johnny555's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1
Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow