What is the best speedlight to use with the Nikon D850 and why?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Trustforce Forum Member • Posts: 60
What is the best speedlight to use with the Nikon D850 and why?

Despite the incrediable ability of the D850 to work in low light situations, I want to get a flash unit. I would prefer to get something less expensive than the Nikon Sb-5000 or the Metz mecablitz 64 AF-1, which I'm sure are fine units. But do I need to spend that much, and if so, why? Can I get much of the same functionality from any less expensive flashes? Anyone have any experience with using the D850 with any of these: the Yougnuo vn968n, the Neewer Pro i-ttl, the Altura AP-N1001 (an Amazon choice) or the Godox V860II-N?

(My old Nikon speedlight for my Nikon F3 will not fit in the hot shoe).

I'm not planning to use the flash in a studio, but in the real world, including fill light situations. I've read some good things about the Godox, but not any of the others. Not only am I interested in function, but also how the exposure and color rendition are affected by the flash.

Trustforce's gear list:Trustforce's gear list
PowerShot SX600 Nikon D5100 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +5 more
Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
kli
kli
kli
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow