Wireless flash transmitter for 5d4

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
boggox New Member • Posts: 19
Wireless flash transmitter for 5d4

Hi folks,

10 years or so ago, I purchased a cheap Chinese wireless transmitter which went on my 5d2 and then a receiver was plugged into a Bowens flash system.

Fast forward to now and I have tried to use this on a 5d mark 4 and no luck at all... the Bowens flash does not fire.  It works with a cable, and I try the "Test" button on the transmitter, but no luck.

I presume the old tech is simply not liking the 5d mark 4.

So i went looking for a cannon equivalent.. thinking it will last a long time and be forward compatible and I am finding it hard to figure out what I would buy to do the equivalent job.

It seems like there is a Canon wireless transmitter, but no receiver to plug into a external 3rd party flash system... i.e. only the cannon speedlights could be used... or am I missing something?

If that is the case, then can anyone recommend a simple transmitter/receiver that would work with a 5d mark 4

Cheers

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow