Terns E-M1.2 + 300mm f4 pro

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
vass
OP vass Senior Member • Posts: 1,774
Re: Terns E-M1.2 + 300mm f4 pro

CoolHandLu wrote:

Vass - georgeous shots!! Your BIF shots are so consistently stunning!! Quick question if u don't mind. Are you using C-AF and manually tracking or C-AF W/Tracking? Any other settings relative to AF when u shoot BIF?

thanks so much Vas, and thanks for the inspiring photos!

Brian

Thank you very much

For these birds I used C-AF without tracking but could have used with Tr. I usually use tracking where the background not busy. I used electronic shutter for most of these at 10 fps L. If they were moving like bee-eaters or swallows I would not be using electronic shutter. +2 and +1 for sensitivity. IS always off for BIF. I probably used 9 box and single AF points for the majority of the flight shots. I don't remember the exact settings of everything because I don't have a go to setting. I honestly can't remember if I used release priority c off or on for these but think I had it off. I'm still stuck on the fence with that one. Maybe a few more keepers with off but at the cost of more shots and more time on the pc

regards Vas

-- hide signature --
 vass's gear list:vass's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow