Modern APS-C? Oh... wel... somebody can do it rigt... Ricoh, we smell a problem..

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
xmeda
xmeda Senior Member • Posts: 1,069
Modern APS-C? Oh... wel... somebody can do it rigt... Ricoh, we smell a problem..

There is an interesting review posted recently on Dpreview that perfectly illustrates what I'm saying all the time.. Focus on APS-C as primary market and 645 as hi-end complement. Everything else just as bonus...
Camera market is on decline, Ricoh sales are down.. and oh! Cmon! That Fuji grows! How is that possible without a foolframe camera? Magic?
OK, lets watch this quick comparison:
So.. old K3 (with K3II supermagical update) might not be strongest competitor... we know that already.

Lets take a look at Ricohs recent "wannabe APS-C flagship" KP camera with accelerating accelerated accelerator....

Hmm.. hmm.... a hair better but still..
Neeeext!
What else we have? What? Fullframe?
Oh, that would be easy fight with overwhelming result... wouldn't?

Ricoh? I smell a problem..... and this thingy has IBIS too and interesting collection of fresh new lenses...
So... are we going to wait another 2 more years for competitive modern K3 replacement until Fuji conquers the rest of APS-C market, or what?
Ricoh guys, do you hear me?
Huu huu!
Get some whips and move as fast as you can or Kmount will be history soon.
It is also interesting to watch all those auctions on second-hand market where many guys are selling their Pentax equipment these days... One might thing that it is nice way to get cheap gear that used to be expensive like DA*60-250/4 and similar for 1/2 of the price or even less.
But on the other hand it also means, that those guys are leaving the ship... more and more every week...
And reason? About 1% is switching to FF and 99% is switching to other brand..
Just tough reality.

But Ricoh, I've warned you... surveys, emails, polls, discussions, FB page... and what is the result?

oh.. yes... K1II....

ehm..

ehm...

congrats

-- hide signature --
 xmeda's gear list:xmeda's gear list
Casio QV-R40 Casio Exilim EX-Z110 Olympus XZ-1 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 +27 more
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
tex
tex
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow