X-H1 Raw is really sweet

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 7,646
X-H1 Raw is really sweet

I finally got an opportunity to apply a good raw developer to H1 raw as Iridient rolled out their H1 support.  I don't know if the chip in the H1 has been tweaked over the one in my Pro2 or if the metering in the H1 is more sophisticated.  But I have to say the H1 raw is really sweet and I mean really sweet.  It really shines in Iridient.

The other thing I confirmed but also knew IBIS on subjects that can move like people and horses - has limited utility below about 1/60 sec.  You might get lucky (if 50% keeper is your goal at 1/30).  But forget anything slower.  Things move.  Just as you can't be still enough and need IBIS neither can your subject and IBIS doesn't work for him/her.  Greg might be able to shoot his bookcase all day long at 1/8, but Greg's books don't move unless Greg has dipped into the Tequila.  People, horses, dogs, kids, etc. do move that is not dip into the Tequila.  .

The other thing I found is even if you forget to turn IBIS off at 1/1250 you won't notice it.  Turning it off is preferable to not with a fast enough shutter but if you forget - you probably won't notice.

But what impressed me was the quality of the raw conversion of the H1 raw.  I expect I will see the same with C1 when it rolls out its H1 support.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow