X-H1 Raw is really sweet

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 7,966
X-H1 Raw is really sweet

I finally got an opportunity to apply a good raw developer to H1 raw as Iridient rolled out their H1 support.  I don't know if the chip in the H1 has been tweaked over the one in my Pro2 or if the metering in the H1 is more sophisticated.  But I have to say the H1 raw is really sweet and I mean really sweet.  It really shines in Iridient.

The other thing I confirmed but also knew IBIS on subjects that can move like people and horses - has limited utility below about 1/60 sec.  You might get lucky (if 50% keeper is your goal at 1/30).  But forget anything slower.  Things move.  Just as you can't be still enough and need IBIS neither can your subject and IBIS doesn't work for him/her.  Greg might be able to shoot his bookcase all day long at 1/8, but Greg's books don't move unless Greg has dipped into the Tequila.  People, horses, dogs, kids, etc. do move that is not dip into the Tequila.  .

The other thing I found is even if you forget to turn IBIS off at 1/1250 you won't notice it.  Turning it off is preferable to not with a fast enough shutter but if you forget - you probably won't notice.

But what impressed me was the quality of the raw conversion of the H1 raw.  I expect I will see the same with C1 when it rolls out its H1 support.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +8 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow