Pulled out my 10D after 5 years... any updates I need?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KimPG New Member • Posts: 1
Pulled out my 10D after 5 years... any updates I need?

I bought my 10D in 2003. I was very experienced with it for a few years. Since having kids, newer portable Canons and iPhones, I've become lazy in my skills.

My daughters are all in sports... gymnastics and volleyball. I've taken some decent photos but lots of light and focus issues to sort out. SUPER rusty on settings. I've read through a great 70D thread and picked up advice.

My questions are:

battery -- my lithium ion battery is 5 years old, any reason to get a new one? It holds a charge but I vaguely remember thinking back 10 years ago (sheesh) that it was maybe needing to be replaced (I shot 300 images yesterday and it was fine)

the display doesn't work when capturing (it works to review settings and it works after capture to review what I've taken) - just not in shoot mode - will Canon look at this or is the camera way too outdated?

would it need a general tune-up and would Canon support this? Any at home tune-up I could do?

Really dumb questions:

• does a battery affect speed of capturing images (old battery... slower capture?)
  • for volleyball - would I use the image stabilization function on my lens?

Thanks!

My husband thinks I need to start over. I was complaining that my camera isn't fast enough to capture -- or my lens isn't. But it's really ME requiring an update first.

Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow