HP Latex 315 vs Canon Pro 4000

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
DotCom Editor Veteran Member • Posts: 7,243
Print samples from Canon

On the Canon Pro-4000 product page (in the USA, at least), you can request print samples. I suggest you do that. Before buying my Pro-4000, I called Canon tech support and asked if I could ask some pre-sales questions. They were very happy to help and spent roughly 30 minutes on the phone with me. I would imagine they'll be willing to send you canvas samples. Epson would likely do the same.

The one thing I reallllllllly want to get my hands on is the PDF version of the Pro-4000 SERVICE manual. All of the owner's manuals are available for download on the Canon website, but not the SERVICE manual. So far, no luck in my Googling for it.

Following my hatred of all things HP — because of the ink leakage problems with my Z3100 that the company couldn't, then wouldn't fix — followed by HP's decision to "end-of-life" the Z3100, I looked at Epson and Canon. Canon has dual-roll support and separate channels for MK and PK. The Pro-4000 decision was easy. I will absolutely purchase a care pack extended warranty. I'm an individual and not a commercial print shop, so, for me, it's a prudent purchase.

DotCom Editor's gear list:DotCom Editor's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow