Telephoto lens for A6000?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KathiB New Member • Posts: 5
Telephoto lens for A6000?

I currently own a Nex 6 and an A6000. I typically have a wide angle with a wide angle adapter on the Nex 6 and use the Zeiss 16 - 70 on the A6000. I also own a 55-210 telephoto and a few primes.I would like a longer telephoto. Either up to 300 in the APS-C format or possibly the full frame lens that can be used on the A6000. I am not quite sure which ones can be used on this camera. Do I need an adapter? I am willing to spend up to $1000 for a very good telephoto that is very sharp. Would love a nice wide max aperture but don't want to spend $2000 for an F2.8. I have been looking at all the Sony lenses released since about 2012 and am overwhelmed by the choices. I have been reading reviews here as well. I would love some advice. I will be taking a Windstar cruise to French Polynesia in July and will be visiting Moab, Arches, Bryce, Zion, and the Grand canyon in May so I would like to stretch my available focal length. Thanks. Kathi

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow