D850 on an Indian safari

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nilanjanray
nilanjanray Contributing Member • Posts: 690
D850 on an Indian safari

A few shots with the D850. Got back last night, started processing. A great allrounder, takes care of wildlife shots as well as (animal)scapes.

It rained when we were there, totally unexpected. Tiger sightings were less due to the cold weather, but the light (and mist) was rather interesting, especially before sunrise.

Dawn, forest road. A couple of safari vehicles have stopped to shoot the gaurs (Indian bisons)

Catwalk

Lone tree. Grassland near a lake. Wrong lens, but it was drizzling, and I didn't care to change lenses. It was an open top vehicle.

Tiger during sunset. Salvaged photo, the DR was too high, and my focal length was too much, so involved some juggling re positioning the vehicle and metering and exposure compensation.

Early morning shot

Pity about the vehicle (researchers from a wildlife institute, they had right of the way) following the tiger. Takes so much luck to see a tiger. Then one has to get the right light and angle (I was hanging out of the vehicle to get a low angle, hoping that the door was properly locked. Who wants to fall out in front of a male tiger?). And then some things happen that are not in one's control And yes, the tiger went off the road and into the undergrowth a minute later.

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow