Horizon problem in panorama

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hobbzz Junior Member • Posts: 33
Horizon problem in panorama

I'm trying to stitch together a panorama of 7 shots. I've tried lightroom, hugin, and photoshop cs3, as well as a few other free trials of paid panorama software. All except hugin mess up the horizon.

Where two of the images are stitched, the horizon drops 1/2" (as seen on the monitor). I'm not talking about a curved horizon, it does that too but I know how to fix that.  Happens the same in every program I own, and most of the $$$ panorama ones I'm not going to purchase just to use 4-5 times a year. Late last night after about 3 hours of working on this one pano, I somehow got hugin to fix the horizon, but then the stars were all over the place. Made it look like I was zooming and panning the camera while the shutter was open in respect to the stars.

I'll post some images when I get home from work if that will help, but in the mean time does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow