Newbie with Nikon D5600 and Nikon 18-200 lens

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wbh3569 New Member • Posts: 5
Newbie with Nikon D5600 and Nikon 18-200 lens

New to the forum and new to Nikon. Recently bought a D5600 with the two kit lenses (18-55 & 70-300) and picked up a used 18-200 VR II and have yet to snap a sharp image with this camera. I primarily purchased this camera for capturing my daughters gymnastics and cheer competitions. 1st gymnastics comp I shot from the stands with the 70-300 and ALL pics were fuzzy at best. Just received the 18-200 and shot some pics this weekend of cheer practice with same results. I have tried shooting in full auto, sports mode and shutter priority and have done allot of reading the last few weeks since purchasing the camera but ultimately left scratching my head as to why these shots are coming up so out of focus. I realize I have not spent thousands on glass for this camera but surely it's capable of taking better shots than this. Even my still shots of like the chocolate Lab below are not very sharp. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow