Pentax Australia thinks K1ii AF will be better....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
robbo d Senior Member • Posts: 2,689
Pentax Australia thinks K1ii AF will be better....

Just for interest sake ....... Australian K1 owners will have the upgrade available for $700AUD from 21st May through to 30 September 2018.

C R Kennedys is a very good importer / supporter of Pentax and I tipped them to be able to complete this task with ease and efficiency.

Also interesting to note their statements on Facebook about improved AF as below when I stated that this was the first time I'd heard this being metioned.

".............................Hows the AF compared to K1? Cant wait to upgrade mine one1

Pentax Australia Hey Calvin. We've made improvements to the AF algorithms for the new model. With improved tracking for moving subjects and better contrast detection for faster focusing in general.

Robert Dekker Thats the first admission ive heard of AF being better.... real life users will decide how much faster / more accurate

..........................Thanks. Not phase detection that's mean only in liveview AF. Thanks again and keep it up Pentax

Pentax Australia We hope to provide more in depth details on all the improvements (including AF) both before and after the release once the camera gets into the hands of more dealers and customers."

We can only wait, but I don't think it's going to be an earth shattering difference, perhaps enough for some to notice and another incremental "tweak"

Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow