Panasonic GX80 + Panasonic 100-300 for Safari

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aitoritu Junior Member • Posts: 26
Panasonic GX80 + Panasonic 100-300 for Safari

I just recently came back from an amazing trip to Tanzania. Although I only own what is considered to be a basic equipment, I am more than happy with the results. I was surprised with the sharpness I got even when using the Panasonic 100-300 (works much better when the subject is closer, even at 300mm, suffering a bit on distant subjects, do not know if anyone else has the same experience). Focus was good, not perfect, but at 7 FPS I always had enough pictures to choose from (I was lucky to see two Cheetahs hunting and the result in this fast action scenario was OK). The size of the equipment is amazing, I had to share the car with other people and carrying a FF long lens would have been impossible. IBIS helps a lot when using a long lens...

I think that m43 shines for wildlife photography, when carrying huge FF lenses would be impossible or too expensive. Of course it has its downsides. I always tried to keep ISO below 800, but always had enough light available.

Panasonic GX80 + Voiigtlander 42.5

Panasonic GX80 + Panasonic 100-300

Panasonic GX 80 + Panasonic 100-300

Panasonic GX80 + Panasonic 100-300

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow