I love my x cameras but I need a top screen as on the H-1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phil1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,494
I love my x cameras but I need a top screen as on the H-1

I fell in love with the x system soon as the X-T1 came out. The ability to see all the main parameters at a glance was fantastic, as was the handling and the lenses. I very quickly became the most zealous of true converts!

However, I’m turning into a heretic of the worst kind! A few nights ago I was shooting in a very dark concert venue and from time to time I wanted to change one or more of the ISO, photometry, drive and exposure comp controls. Now I know of course that these can be displayed in the EVF or screen but operating the ISO and Exp comp dials at eye level or with the screen is tricky and inconvenient in the dark and changing the drive and photometry settings very difficult to do accuratley as they are so stiff to turn. It would have been so much easier to have had the top screen of the H-1 to confirm the settings. As it was I had to resort to pulling back a curtain to get enough light to see the controls which cost me precious time and was a pain for those around me.

A top screen would at least make it possible to see what settings had been set and the two control wheels, if fully programmable, would have made life so much easier.

As with all heretics I now await my (hopefully verbal!) execution with the sure conviction of a true Fuji believer.

Phil

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow