First Fuji X-Pro2 experience, coming from Canon

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
amd Contributing Member • Posts: 519
First Fuji X-Pro2 experience, coming from Canon

My first show up in this part of the forum. Hoping this forum is less offended by cross brand users than others 

Just recently added a Fujifilm X-Pro2 as a travel cam to my bunch of Canon equipment. Reason: Lenses. The EF-M line has some extremely good lenses (EF-M 11-22) but otherwise I felt very limited there. The EF-M 11-22 and the tiny size of the M2 will also be the reason why I will keep my EOS M system for cases where the X-Pro2 is simply to big.

After a few days of using, the interface of the X-Pro2 feels great. It takes a completely different route from Canon. While the EOS M line is all about simplicity (which is great) and crippling the functions (which is awful), the Fuji seems to try to expose every single possible function to the user. This is mostly great, and a reason to go Fuji for me. There is here and there a bit to learn from Canon. Especially the touch-screen implementation of Canon is just awesome.

But let's look for the reason why I added a complete new system:

The fantastic XF 56 f/1.2 lens! If the EF-M 11-22 is the reason to have an EOS M, this lens justifies the Fuji. Raw processed with LR using the camera profile

The 56mm again. Cropped to look nicer, and using LR with the Camera profile for BW

35 f/2. Shot is not perfect, but I would not have managed to catch this split second situation with the M.

My verdict so far is clear, I'm here to stay. I quickly learned to love the X-Pro2, and even more some of the lenses. Just added the 35 f/1.4 to my setup, as I much prefer the 2 more stops over the better AF in the f2.

There is one dilemma though: I'm still not sure what to do on the (U)WA front. I am very spoiled by the nice and super compact EF-M 11-22. I'm now wondering if I should go the 10-24 direction, or rather get the 14mm. I like primes a lot, though the much wider 10mm are intriguing as well.

Any suggestions on the UWA side? AF is a must, and quality trumps versatility for me.

amd's gear list:amd's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +19 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
amd
amd
amd
amd
amd
amd
amd
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow