Short video shoot with the X-H1

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Farslan
Farslan Junior Member • Posts: 26
Short video shoot with the X-H1

Hi everyone,

I've shoot a small video with the X-H1 about how to brew a coffee with zero instructions.

The goal was to create something that is relaxing and soothing.

I'm not a videographer and don't have much experience with the various kind of features (such as f-log). In this video I've shoot in 30fps and used the Provia Std film simulation. Couple of things that I've seen :

* The internal microphone is really good. I'm not an audiophile but I was satisfied by the results.

* Seems like I should disable autofocus and manually focus when I shoot videos that pour water into a cup or something.

* When I use my hand to move something around suddenly everything would be highly exposed (white colors). I don't know how to deal with this, any suggestions are welcome.

In overall I really like the output. My lens was the 16-55 f/2.8 and I think it's an excellent lens to shoot videos as it allowed me to frame it in various positions. Finally I used iMovie for editing.

I welcome any feedbacks for a newbie like me if anyone is into video. I'm mostly interested how to learn to shoot with f-log and then use color grading, which combination of shutter speed, fps and ISO I should use, etc..

Farslan's gear list:Farslan's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow