Dare to be different, Fuji!!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deednets Veteran Member • Posts: 8,056
Dare to be different, Fuji!!

Would you pay extra for software in camera creating a completely different beast? Either by way of paying for "pro" and "art" packages (Capture one sells styles after all!!) - or by way of offering something to talk about when you get your next GAS loaded little toy?

Something that has been bothering me for a while - in a nice way - is that both Nikon and Canon have their hackers who write software for those cameras. Since this can be done via firmware I thought why not offer something like this from Fuji?

Yes I know they should offer this for free, right?? Kaizen and all that ...

BUT! If they do something extra, e.g. (something I would consider paying for):

• User interface COMPLETELY customisable e.g. via an iTunes like interface (better would be better but just grabbing the idea from there ...) so you could strip down the camera to the bare bones or use a MyMenu on steroids.
  • An S-Log equivalent to video - but for stills: a completely flat profile, then sell - or give away - the manufacturer's profile to software companies.
  • Super clever RAW stitching hand-held as a Fuji equivalent to pixel shift, but not as needy regarding tripod usage.
  • Super clever focus stacking in camera, writing to RAW.

... or think of this: all of the above available in an X-Pro3, firmware lets you decide to get all of the above or the rather boring same-old.

Dare to be different when too many similarities doesn't make enough of a difference any more.

A really good friend of mine asked me what I thought of the X-Pro2. I said that it might suit him as it is a nice and whacko camera.

And she takes really nice photos with a lot of headroom as a little bonus.

Where is that enthusiasm gone from way back??

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +3 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow