Are your primary goal to travel or take photos?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Raymond Cho Senior Member • Posts: 1,389
Are your primary goal to travel or take photos?

I enjoy landscapes and travel. I guess when I am at home when I go out it is for photography but if you are travelling to the other side of the country or going overseas out of 10 trips are you mostly going overseas just primarily to photograph or is your primary goal to enjoy the holiday and then slide in photography?

I've done both trips and got family to go with me after 1 or 2 times they are now reluctant so now I place travel photography with travelling and do photography when I can. We've basically went to remote towns and just stayed a week there doing nothing else and self catering and often remote towns the food are limited and expensive. I also find it's not so much the location but actually being outside and all that stuff around light and weather etc... We've also done overseas trips to larger cities like Hong Kong and doing sunset photography just disrupts dinner time or the handful of times I went out I shoulda went out alone. A lot of the nicer places have a different menu after dinner time ie 9PM dinners or else you eat where the tourists eat at hahah which have around the clock times but are not that authentic. It was so focussed on photography we didn't even visit much places, it was like after lunch ok I have to suss out my photography locations and then 1.5hr before sunset we have to make out way there and then just stand there and wait for the light. After that ok ... oh ... all the nicer places are closed or different menu, we might just get something casual and fast and then go home and that was the holiday.

Cheers

Raymond Cho's gear list:Raymond Cho's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D70 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow