So this time my Merrills got me out of jail....Quattro fail...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
absquatulate Senior Member • Posts: 8,629
So this time my Merrills got me out of jail....Quattro fail...

The last time we had snow my Quattro got me out of jail when my Pentax 67 had a wind on hiccup. This time my Quattro failed in the sub zero temperatures and luckily I had all 3 DPXM's with me and they saved the day. I'm not having the best of luck when the snow comes but I guess it pays to have a plan B. Even weirder is that it was colder when my Quattro got me out of jail last time, yet the lcd and display went belly up on me this time. The only difference I can put it down to is that I carried the Quattro outside of my camera bag this time so it got cold pretty quick, the last time it was sheltered from the elements in my camera bag. Anyway, my trusty Merrills, two of which have been dunked in a stream previously, just soldiered on as usual. I can't knock those bad boys for their ability to keep going. My SD Quattro is fine now it's back in the warm, it obviously doesn't like being in the cold too long, it's the second time it has gone funny in cold temperatures. Oh well, I got a couple of shots I liked anyway, another lesson learned.

DP1M

DP2M

Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma sd Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow