My First Camera - Need 2 more lenses

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whiletrue New Member • Posts: 9
My First Camera - Need 2 more lenses

Just ordered a graphite silver X-T2 camera, with the 23mm f/2 lens.

This is my first SLR/Mirrorless. I'm totally new to photography but want to get into in a big way. Will be travelling for 9 months next year in various continents, so want to get a great travel setup, I don't want to go too budget and have to rebuy later, and if that means the lens are a bit larger, thats ok.. Some Weather Resistance will be nice since I will be travelling. I hear Primes are better Image Quality than zooms so trying to build a prime set.

I don't have a personal preference or style since I've never really shot before..

For portraits (photos of friends at restaurant, bar, girlfriend, etc) I think I need a portrait lens. I've read the 56mm 1.2 is a good choice. I also heard APD is not really a must have. So for my portrait lens, should I go with the 56mm 1.2?

For WA, I hear the 16mm 1.4 is a beautiful lens.. Should I do that, or a 14mm? I hear the 16mm is really something special so I am pretty sure I want to play with that, but is it too close to the 23mm? Is it silly to have the 16mm and 23mm / are these FLs too similar?

If you had the 23mm f/2 and wanted to get 2 more lenses. Budget - $2000 total for 2 more lenses, what do you get?

Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow