HP Latex 315 vs Canon Pro 4000

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MarcioSilva Forum Member • Posts: 72
HP Latex 315 vs Canon Pro 4000

Hi guys,

I come to you with a question that has been haunting my mind for quite awhile, i will be short

In the near future i am planning on starting a business on selling photography / canvas artwork, but i am on the rope on which printer to acquire, for one side i have the HP Latex 315 that provides prints ready to mount with UV/scratch resistence, and on the other hand there is Canon Pro 4000 that would provide a better quality but would require coating.

I am leaning to the Latex option as the coating process would almost be unbearable to maintain, my question is, the print quality between these two processes are really that big? I've spent so much time online trying to see real samples of these pigment prints vs latex prints to visualize if the quality is really noticeable but i cannot find a single proof. I know most big companies that sell canvas all use latex technology, but i dont want to end up delivering to my customers dull low quality prints.

If any of you that have been in the printing business for long can provide any insight on this matter, or if you have done this exact comparation before i would be really grateful for your feedback.

I really want to stand out by providing outstanding quality to my customers, but the coating process is almost deemed impossible for me, so in the end i just want to know if i can indeed deliver outstanding prints with Latex or do i have to suck up and find a way to make a coating process work in the shop.

Thank you all!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow