Damaged a lens?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tubbyrincewind Junior Member • Posts: 25
Damaged a lens?

I stupidly managed to knock my tripod over with camera attached and the camera hit a hard floor (although I managed to slow the descent somewhat).

The lens attached at the time was a Pentax 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 HD DA ED PLM WR RE and the lens took the brunt of the fall but to my surprise there was no visible damage apart from the slide out cover on the lens hood flew off.

The lens appears to be working just fine except for possibly one thing and I am not sure if that is in fact a fault or it has always been like it:

To release the lens from it's parked/storage position you have to press a button (still need to do that so no problem there) but do you have press that same button to retract the lens fully? in my case although the indent can be felt once zoomed out to 55mm I can continue to the storage position without having to press the button.

Can any other owner of this lens confirm whether the button needs to pressed or not before I make an insurance claim.

Thank you for your assistance.

Tubbyrincewind's gear list:Tubbyrincewind's gear list
Pentax K-70 Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow