In praise of the LX100

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LucaPCP Contributing Member • Posts: 675
In praise of the LX100

I have various cameras, but I like oh so much the LX100.  It is simple and essential, so that more than with other cameras, I focus on the image and framing, and I obtain with it many of my best images.  And the focus is spot on (which I cannot say of my Olympus Pen-F with older lenses).

I have also the LX10, but I find the LX100 a universe apart.  The LX100 has fewer pixels, but the lens is super sharp, and the contrast is outstanding; the photos from the LX10 are mushy in comparison.

And I used to think I wanted an LX200.  But perhaps not all that much.  In truth, 12 MP of a well framed photo are all I need, and I don't terribly mind a bit of grain.  I use Capture One to process the raw files, so I have control on grain, and on all other image parameters.

I follow a cycle where I think "oh but the Pen-F, with these lenses, ..." and true, it takes good photos, but it's more complex, with changing lenses and all, and then I spend more time on the technical side, and in the end, I get lesser results artistically.  And so I go back to the LX100.

-- hide signature --

Luca

LucaPCP's gear list:LucaPCP's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 +1 more
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic LX10 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow