Living with my RX100---2

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D Lynch Senior Member • Posts: 2,965
Living with my RX100---2

My RX100-2 is my everyday carry camera.  My a6000 usually stays home; my D300S with grip is always home.

I almost returned the RX100-2 the day I bought it.  Frankly it was too slippery in my hands.  I fixed that--my choice was to buy a grip from Richard Franiec.  It made a huge difference. Thanks Richard.

I had some Sony experience. I had had a NEX5.  It didn't prepare me to use the RX100-2. Frankly the menus on the RX100-2 confused me. There were so many things I could change.

This was fixed when I found a note from Elliott Newcomb on this forum. He provided me with the wonderful list of settings he made for this camera. The quality of my images improved immensely.  Elliott I use your settings every day.

One characteristic of my own camera bothers me.  The door that covers the charging port won't stay closed. It sticks out.  It flaps.  It's vulnerable. I wonder whether this camera will stay intact.

-- hide signature --

DaveL
Toronto

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 II Nikon D300S Sony a6000
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow