Would you sell your camera to this guy?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blanche Bovine Regular Member • Posts: 343
Would you sell your camera to this guy?

I have a camera listed for sale on the Buy/Sell forum on fredmiranda.com. I received a private message from someone who has no feedback or transactions on that site. They asked how to do the payment transaction and if I could ship it to a P.O. Box.  (We are looking and a transaction of between $1,000 and $1,300)

Hmmm. I thought that sounded a little fishy so I replied that since they were a new member and had no feedback, that they only way I could sell the camera was if they paid by Paypal gift, and I asked if they had other presence on the internet.

He replied by saying that he is buying for a friend in the Ukraine and wants a good deal. I did some research and thought it would be OK for me to accept a paypal gift because if anything went wrong, I would be protected.

So he sent payment but it wasn't as a gift, but as a regular transaction. When I saw this, I immediately refunded his money and said that the transaction wasn't a gift and I don't want to do this any more. I felt that something was wrong.

He then replied that he was confused and could he send the money as a gift again, but ship it to an address in another state that is NOT a P.O. Box. The address was his cousin.

I still said that I don't want to do it because the whole thing sounded fishy. He then said that all the risk was on his side because he doesn't know me and that he would be sending a gift.

So my question is would you complete the transaction if in fact he does send the money as a gift to a US address?

Blanche Bovine's gear list:Blanche Bovine's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Sony Alpha a7R III Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow