How do I import/migrate from Photos to Lightroom CC?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
thk0 Regular Member • Posts: 157
How do I import/migrate from Photos to Lightroom CC?

After getting a new laptop, I decided to try Photos, which I like just fine. I had been using Lightroom 5 on my old laptop. I do not have enough storage on the new laptop to hold all my photos. I am finally getting around to rescuing the old photos of the old laptop.

Rather than migrating from Lightroom to Photos, I decided to try out Lightroom CC and I was able to migrate my Lightroom 5 catalog. It is now syncing everything to the cloud from the old laptop. A couple of notes: (1) I had to use an external drive while migrating the library and (2) had to download a Lightroom 6 trial to convert the catalog. It is a wash in terms of price as iCloud storage is $10/month as is Adobe CC photo version.

Now that I have preserved my Lightroom catalog, I would like to migrate my pictures from Photos (what a name -- makes searching for solutions quite difficult) into Lightroom CC. Only instructions I can find are for Lightroom CC classic or earlier versions, not the latest CC version. There does not appear to be any menu option for migrating from Apple products. Best I can tell, this was done in the past via plugins that the latest CC does not support.

Is there a way to move pictures from Photos into Lightroom CC while retaining edits and adjustments? Would importing my camera roll using the LR mobile app do the trick? What about using Lightroom 6 trial with a plugin to migrate, and then somehow sync to CC? The pictures in Photos are mostly jpeg as my current camera does not output raw. I would like to avoid recompressing if possible.

If all else fails, I guess I go to the Photos library and import everything in the Masters folder? I assume that loses edits (or does Photos not work that way?).

Thanks.

THK

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow