5D Mark IV vs. 6D Landscape & Wildlife Field Raw Comparisons?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bharathmsk Forum Member • Posts: 89
5D Mark IV vs. 6D Landscape & Wildlife Field Raw Comparisons?

Hi Everyone, I own a 6D, and for photos of static subjects in well lit scenes, I am extremely satisfied with the images coming out of the 6D. Recently, I have been experimenting with wildlife shots of birds by coupling the 6D with the Tamron 150-600 f5.6-6.3 G2 in morning sun (when the shadows can be a little harsh) and at around sunset times (when the overall ambient light is low). In these times, I often find that : (a) better AF and (b) better high ISO performance (in the range of 2.5K-4.5K to allow some 1600th - 2000th of a second shutter speed) would be desirable.

Searching through DPReview forums, it is quite clear that 5D Mark IV's AF is superb, and I am sure I would be happy with the purchase of the 5DIV in the AF regard. But, looking at the often cited PDR data (http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm), I am not quite sure how much of a difference I can expect in terms of reduced noise and shadow detail at 2.5K-4.5K ISO ranges, and above. I have been searching for a while on this, and haven't had much success finding field comparisons of the bodies.

I see that many people here have real world experience with both 6D & the 5DIV, so I thought I would post and seek any advice you might have. If you could post / share some example raw images/links illustrating the high ISO improvements in field, that would also be so incredibly useful! Thank you very much!

bharathmsk's gear list:bharathmsk's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow