Credibility of the reviews or forum posts...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Grig
Grig Senior Member • Posts: 2,292
Credibility of the reviews or forum posts...

More I look at Forums - more I see people with bold statements... This is very bad... this is junk... this sensor is old... (wheels are round for a while too... LOL)

Before you say something - please think twice and prove it ether with your first hand experience with the product or more so - with photos.

For example - if Ben (Kanarek) says something - I know it is credible... Why? Because I can see what he does!!!

I've been deeply in photography all my life (50 years): http://www.grigphoto.com/about

For me personally - Fuji is the best possible tool because of the colors! I picked Nikon over Canon in 2004 when switching to Digital because of Colors!!!

After Nikon Expeed4 fail (IMHO) - I was constantly looking for MY colors (D200 was pretty close in low ISO) and discovered Fuji.

Despite slower processing in LR due to the X-Trans - I spending less time color correcting wedding photos (2-3k per wedding). At ISO6400 beautiful colors are still there!!!

But, you may be different! Don't let marketing guys steer you away from what you like and push you towards what they want you to buy! It's all about money!!! Most people here are not real photographers that want to see and capture the beauty of creation (ether God's on human).

I use older Sony HDV Professional Camcorders for business, but Sony mirrorless colors and skin tones in particular are plain UGLY! Same as D750 that I was trying to love with all my heart! And yes - I shoot RAW and was pushing myself to the limits creating custom color profiles with D750 to love it... Never happened.

Yes, sometimes I miss FF for shallow DOF, but 56 and 90 pretty much covering it for me, and I love colors! Yes, sometimes I miss Nikon's DR, but X-T2 DR is not bad at all and I love colors!

Just decide what is important for you and go shoot!!! There is no perfect camera.

When we had our anniversary our grown up children (we have 7 grandkids) didn't let me take my pro gear on vacation worrying that I will spend more time with gear and not their mom... So I brought some nice shots taken with cell phone and my son's small Lumix.

Just some travel samples from my web site... Last 4 galleries shot with Fuji. Love COLORS!!!

http://www.grigphoto.com/travel

God bless!

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +14 more
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow