Who says GPS flattens the battery?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KeepCalm Senior Member • Posts: 1,888
Who says GPS flattens the battery?

Ran a 7 hour continuous GPS log on my excellent little HX90V the day before yesterday with an out of date assist file and took 133 images and vast majority had co-ordinates. Battery still showing full at the end of the day with no top ups. Acquisition when running the log was instant if camera switched on and off during the day and kept the signal in a coach so I had the track for the whole day going in to and out of London.

I am sure a lot of the bad press the in-camera GPS gets is because of rush reviews in a return windows when batteries have not had a few charge recycles and people are not aware of the trick of running a continuous log so the camera does not have to keep reacquiring after large jumps in distance.

My Panasonic TZ40 was the same as on the first outing the battery went flat in 30 minutes but after a couple of recharges the problem went. This also needed a log running to help acquisition.

KeepCalm's gear list:KeepCalm's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Canon G3 X Canon G9 X Fujifilm X-A3 Fujifilm X-T100 +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow