Photography as an ASMR method

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Angel3010
Angel3010 Regular Member • Posts: 413
Photography as an ASMR method

ASMR is a technique where specific sounds and pictures are supposed to relax you, to make you feel present in the moment, something like a meditation.

Last week I had a pretty rough period and decided to go shooting a bit in the woods. Surprisingly for march, there was still a lot of snow. The moment I got lost in the woods, walked around relatively small lakes I felt better. I listened to burbling water and singing birds. Opening a backpack I reached for my camera and shot some scenary and wildlife.

I was completely empty from inside, but in a good way. I didn't worry about anything, I wasn't in the future with my thoughts, nor in the past. I was right there, enjoying myself, enjoying nature, enjoying life. All I was thinking about was my camera and birds. Well, perhaps about coldness as well, but that's not so important

Do you feel the same way when you go shoot outisded? Why do you do photography? For yourself, or others? I believe photography is not only about final product, but also about the journey you had to get the picture you wanted.

Cheers!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow