Olympus OMD em5 Mk II - Focus mode issues??

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SMcB New Member • Posts: 19
Olympus OMD em5 Mk II - Focus mode issues??

I recently  purchased the this camera and a 12-40mm 2.8 lens, and am slowly learning how to use it - I find the menus etc much more complex than my 5D, but I shall get there.

My question is - has anyone had any problems with the focus mode on this camera? Initially the camera was fine, but somehow I changed the focus mode to MF, and there it stays.  The manual instruction is to highlight the focus mode section and then change it via the front dial.  All the other icons will change with this dial, but the focus mode does not.
I asked Olympus support too, and they said reset the camera.  Did this with no result, focus mode remains still stuck on MF.

I will take it back to where it was bought but cannot do so until next week.  What am I doing wrong, or what am I missing?  Help please!

SMcB's gear list:SMcB's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow