Sigma/Rokinon vs Sony/Zeiss on AF Performance

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Momocimac New Member • Posts: 22
Sigma/Rokinon vs Sony/Zeiss on AF Performance

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to jump ship from M4/3 (OMD) to Sony A7III so right now deciding which lenses to get. for 35 and 85, there are few options but the more research I do, the more confusion I'm getting.

My priority goes from AF speed-> Sharpness -> IQ -> Price -> Weight for the type of shooting I do, mostly fast moving pets and fast moving kids. From almost all I've read, native lenses supposed to have the best AF performance in photos and videos. But watching Youtube comparisons on Rokinon 35mm vs ZE35, both are very similar. And ZE35 have a mixed of reviews so I'm a little hesitate to drop $1k5 on. Sigma 35mm was pretty slow in AF via MC11 but looks like the AF speed is improved with the new firmware update?

Same thing goes to comparing Sigma 85 vs Sony 85 1.8. I'm not sure how their AF performance compare to each other.

Can someone please advise on which 35/85 to get?

Much appreciated your help!

Lee

Momocimac's gear list:Momocimac's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Rokinon AF 35mm F1.4 FE
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow