In your opinion: what differentiates a "good" wedding photog from an "average" photog?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
MartinEA Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: Business

No, I wasn't getting personal, I was actually wondering what you were basing your answer on. I guess I was asking, do you have any experience of being a wedding photographer for a living and you have told me you do not.

You might think (as you appear to have) that it is all about the photographs.  Obviously you have to have them and they need to be OK. BUT you have to be able to get them in front of brides in the first place. You then have to be a sales person. You then need to be a customer liaison person. There is so more more to wedding photography than taking the photographs.

That's is where the business and marketing comes in. You wrongly thought that it was about accounting.

So your answer about showing them the books wasn't you being sarcastic then?

The best wedding photographers are those that are better at business. I have seen some truly bad photographers be very successful and some really good ones that are no longer trading.

So you gave an opinion which is great but you're not a wedding photographer and I hope I have cleared that up.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow