Experiences with FE 12-24 F4 G

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Glenn Barber Senior Member • Posts: 2,901
Experiences with FE 12-24 F4 G

I just got my FE 12-24 F$ G from B&H and today with good weather I started to take my first shots with this lens and my A7R3. I have a 16-35 F4 which I have used which I consider fairly sharp across the field but was looking for something a bit wider ( I was using the 10-18 in FF occasionally)

From my first shots with this lens testing the corners at the usual apertures and f stops it seems that the far right side is definitely not as sharp as the left side - being a bit smeared and soft at the same time.

Speaking with B&H, they say they have not had a lot of complaints about decentering of this lens and Lens rentals also reported fairly good consistency.

Have others out there experienced decentering like this - if not please suggest some ways to test to make sure I am not introducing some problem by the way I am testing

Glenn Barber's gear list:Glenn Barber's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7R III Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow