Compare RX10iv with M4/3

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomhongkong Veteran Member • Posts: 3,570
Compare RX10iv with M4/3

I have been debating lenses in another thread, and had some very insightful comments, thank you.

However one which I cannot put to rest is that, that instead of struggling to find M4/3 lenses to do what I want, I should try an RX10iv.

Now that is possibly very interesting.  The earlier RX10s were terrible in focusing, however the iv has a much better PDAF reputation (no longer just CAF)

It has been suggested that M4/3 sensors are quite behind state of the art, and one could expect the RX10 to have the best (seeing as how they come from Sony)

The samples on DPreview seem to give a bit more noise from RX10 at 1600 and up...does it matter (I try not to shoot into the stratosphere!)

The RX10 is a bit of a lump, but when compared with EM1 and 40-150/2.8 or similar lenses it doesn't seem so bad.

I have a lot of money invested  in M4/3, so am not trying to troll or down M4/3.  However if the RX10iv can do the job better than EM1 or G9 with a lot of lenses, I should face up to it.  The camera is a tool, not an object to be worshipped.

Show me your samples to lay this herring (red or otherwise) to rest!

tom

PS, I might post this on the other forum, to see what they say

t

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow