Macro - the best and cheapest fun!

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kiwigirl
kiwigirl Senior Member • Posts: 1,714
Macro - the best and cheapest fun!

As I was going to get my washing tonight I noticed a cobweb on the corner of the house.  The spider had a green shield bug trapped in the web.  When I came back through with the washing she had it in her clutches.  A good opportunity to get the camera. 

A type of orb web spider -

Strange-looking fangs she has?  Green and glossy!

Not sure if those are fangs....?

They look like little flies!

And they're blowing bubbles!

They look like little fat, green grapes - about to explode!

Are they parasites on her?  Or are they sharing her kill?

What does she think of it I wonder?

A little while later I went back for another look.  The flies had gone.  Had she eaten them?  Had they had their fill and flown away?  Or had they exploded?! 

The Raynox DCR250 reigns supreme as the best piece of photography equipment I ever bought!  Considering I was stretched on tippy-toes or wobbling on a wee step-ladder with my arms as outstretched as possible to reach up under the eaves - I'm pretty darned impressed with the sharpness of these with the big FL500 flash balanced on my G7.  Auto-focus did the job very well indeed!

Files best viewed original size.

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +9 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow