Returning Sony 35mm f1.4 Zeiss

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
victorfr New Member • Posts: 5
Returning Sony 35mm f1.4 Zeiss

I just wanted to share my experience with this  lens as many other photogs might be interested in know how the lens performs when compared to Sigma.

Background: been using sigma 35mm art with mc-11. Doing mostly portraits.

Had Sony lens for 2 weeks, returned it today mainly due to two problems.

1. Very noticeable CA: lightroom can't even fix, had to go into PS. Never noticed this mush CA before with the sigma, unless I zoom in extremely  in post. With the sony, I could see CA along contrast areas without even zooming in

2. Zoom ring slides up and down, should not be seeing this on a 1,500 lens. Every time I put out of the camera by grabbing the lens, I could feel the zoom ring slide away from the camera body by 1mm (ish). There has to be a gap in the ring "groove"

These problems might go away with an exchange, but i jusr decided to stick with the sigma until they release FE mount in a month from now.

Besides the cons, I did like how fast and quiet AF is on the Sony. Lighter weight and weather sealed. Build quality wise, sony feels like a sports car, Sigma is more like a metal truck. I am sure both will hold up.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow