How Much Flash Power Needed Here?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kay4401
kay4401 Regular Member • Posts: 435
How Much Flash Power Needed Here?

Question:  Any guesses as to how much flash power would be needed here?

Background info:  I am a hobbyist and take pictures mainly of family, friends, vacations, office work parties, etc.  I am not very experienced with lighting.  These are family pics while on vacation.  I attempted to use off camera flash, and you can see a little bit of the shoot-through umbrella in the upper left corner of the pics.  I think more light was needed on the people.  The off camera flash was a Nikon SB-700 fired in Nikon's TTL mode.   I did not have time to put the flash in manual and experiment with different power levels.  I only had enough time to put it in TTL mode and then hope and pray for the best.  Pictures were taken in mid-day at a winery in California.  Would a Nikon SB-700 even have enough power to effectively light the people here, or would I need a light more powerful in an instance like this?

Thoughts?

kay4401's gear list:kay4401's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow