Took the plunge today on M4/3.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GrahamB52
GrahamB52 Regular Member • Posts: 104
Took the plunge today on M4/3.

After a few weeks of mulling it around I bit the bullet today and bought the Panasonic GX80 (85) with 12-32 lens, plus the free 25/1.7 lens, (free offer expires tomorrow!) and a 12-60/3.5-5.6.  My shortlist was GX80, GX9 and the Olympus EPL9. I’m just an enthusiastic amateur and apart from good IQ, a major consideration for me is size (I prefer small) and of course cost, also wanted black, no silver. The EPL9, as good as it looks and as good as the reviews are was discounted. The GX9 was larger than I wanted and much more expensive. The GX80 fitted the bill and with the p/x I got from a Canon G7X and a Sony NEX5N with std zoom and a couple of lenses, it was a good deal. I’ve still got my Sony RX100 Mk 2 and will miss the NEX which had a great body and lovely colours, but a somewhat clunky user interface and big lenses. Just need to get used to the GX80 and start shooting. Hope to post some stuff soon.

GrahamB52's gear list:GrahamB52's gear list
Sony RX100 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G 25mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +1 more
Canon PowerShot G7 X Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow